Date(s) - 9 Jun 2018
2:00 PM - 5:15 PM
Brighton & Hove Palestine Solidarity Campaign
2018 Annual General Meeting
Saturday 9th June 2018, 2pm till 5.15pm
Friends Meeting House, Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AF
BHPSC supporters are warmly invited to attend this year’s AGM on Saturday the 9th of June. Non-members are very welcome – though only paid-up members may vote in committee elections. You will be able to join BHPSC on the day if you wish.
We are very pleased to announce that our Guest Speaker at this year’s AGM will be Asa Winstanley. Asa is an investigative journalist living in London who writes about Palestine and the Middle East. He has been visiting Palestine since 2004. He writes for the award-winning Palestinian news site The Electronic Intifada where he is an Associate Editor. Asa will be speaking about the relationship of movement journalism to activism, Israel’s global sabotage campaign against BDS, and how we fight back.
The AGM will include:
- A review of our achievements over the past year and our plans for the year ahead
- A talk by Asa Winstanley
- Elections of branch officers and committee members for 2018-19, and consideration of any motions submitted to the AGM
- An opportunity to join or to renew your membership for the coming year.
2pm – Arrival/registration/membership renewal/collection of AGM documents
- Tea and coffee will be served
2.30pm – Branch AGM
- Reports from officers and convenors of co-ordinating groups
- Election of officers and committee members
- Motions proposed to the AGM
3.30pm – Guest speaker – Asa Winstanley